Friday, June 17, 2005

Anyone Out There?

So, I'm wondering if anyone really reads my blog at all? I know its fairly new and all, but still...I tend to wonder if anyone is bothering to check it. Who knows. Going to really bust on some animation this weekend (hopefully). With father's day on Sunday, I'll be pretty busy with my daughter.


Movie Review: "Batman Begins"

This is the Batman that we have all been waiting for. I was on the edge of my seat the entire film. Not once did I ever groan or wince in pain of some horrible dialogue, or over dramatic romantic moment. Christopher Nolan took Batman and made him into the dark, gritty, and scarey symbol of justice that he deserves to be. He took the first four films and basically threw them out the window (as it should have been) and made the real Batman.

Christian Bale was spectacular as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. He took the role and made it something amazing. Mr. Kaine as Alfred... what can I say... flawless. I really felt a bond between Wayne and Alfred, and it truly felt as if Alfred was taking the role of protector, even after the Batman transformation. Gary Oldman, who is one of my favorite actors of all times because of his ability to play so many different characters, was perfect as Gordon. Katie Holmes definately did a wonderful job in her role. I never once thought about the love torn Potter from Dawson's Creek. Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow was well casted. He did a great job and the way they handled his "ability" was great. Morgan Freeman as Fox, very very well done. Raz A Goul (sorry for the spelling if its wrong) was brilliant. Liam Neeson as Ducard was great. If you couldn't tell by now, I'm pretty stoked about the acting in this movie. I finally realized who Bruce Wayne's father was, actor wise. He was the "alien" from "the Forgotten". I kept waiting for him to change into the alien every time he was on screen..it was humorous to me.

The feel of this movie was how Batman should be. The fight scenes (while tight in shot) were well done. There were no, wide angled shots of Batman doing extraordinary things while fighting. He was simply in your face, gritty fighting. I could go on about how much I loved this film, but I have work to do. ;) My recommendation is out of ***** stars...i give it ***** +* for being absolutely perfect and more then I expected. I will be seeing it numerous more times and buying it the day it hits the DvD shelves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Grey. Glad you liked the bat...hopefully get to see it this weekend. So what is this project you are working on that I read about further down?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Also...I noticed on the only other Blog i read...Seward Street...that people do not have to sign in too comment. Don't know if that keeps some people from posting or not...a thought.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Justin S Barrett said...

No need to sign in here either, Matthew. Blogger comments give you the option of posting anonymously.

Glad to hear you liked the movie, Ryan! I'm gonna try to catch it either tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how work flows. I've heard nothing but good about it so far, so my expectations are up there.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ah. cool. thanks, Justin. my fingers were flying and I looked past that option.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just searching around. I dont have a blogger yet. i dont know if I'd have to patience. But i might try it out...eventually. When i'm not swamped with work. Being an animation student at SCAD, I have no spare time, lol. But I am reading your blog, or whats there. ^_^

pollie_lobster
http://pollielobster.deviantart.com/

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home